Saturday, May 30, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Center court seats but waaaaaaaaay up high!
Free tacos for holding the Nuggets under 100 points!
And here are some of the red velvet cupcakes I made for Adam's b-day (YUM!):
So I have quite short eyelashes. I have total lash envy of those fabulous models in the mascara ads in magazines (even though yes, they're usually just wearing falsies). I also envy my hubby because he's got gorgeous long and full eyelashes.
I have found a product that really helps my lashes out tremendously. I used it when I was undergoing chemo because I didn't want to look terribly sickly without lashes, and they looked fine then. I recently decided to start using it again and after like 3 days I've noticed a great change.
The product is Talika Lipocils... and I think it's about $40 at Sephora. (Thank God for my generous, thoughtful mom for getting me this when I began to freak about losing hair)
I'm also a total mascara junkie, but right now I am in lurve with Diorshow Blackout. My apologies for not being able to provide a better pic... I used the little camera and would like to note for the record that I hate this Casio with a passion. I knew I should have gotten the Canon (sure, sure, blame the camera :-P.)
Friday, May 22, 2009
The Queen of England gets a gold-plated Wii. I'm freakin jealous.
In other news, I have terrible heartburn. It's been about 3 days and I hadn't really had any problems since chemo. Maybe I need to return to Protonix or Prilosec or whatever.
Only 45 more minutes until Memorial day Weekend... who am I kidding, I don't have Monday off, it's just like any other weekend. Except that it's Adam's birthday this weekend! I'm making him a delicious red velvet cake, per his request.
And we leave for Chicago in another week! I've been stalking the weather and it looks like it's going to be mid 70s and sunny! Glorious!
Have a great weekend kids!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
I came across this website that has waterproofing cases for cameras. I'm terrified to even try with my big Nikon (plus it costs $150), but for $34.95, should I get it for the little guy? They say it can go up to 6 meters under water, and the case floats.
One of the snorkel tours we're considering rents out cameras with 36 exposures for $40. Wouldn't it just be easier to waterproof our existing camera and have unlimited pics? Would you risk it?
I have a vision of bathing under a waterfall, and taking in the majestic scenery... and of course capturing the moment on a memory card. Help a girl out.
Monday, May 18, 2009
After Benny when he bounded out of the house after two old people.
2. Do your jeans have rips, tears, and holes in them?
I do happen to own a distressed pair. I like to look rugged at times.
3. What are you dreading right now?
The thought of waking up tomorrow and getting ready for work.
4. Do you celebrate 420?
Please, I'm a grown woman. Drugs are for kids. Oh, wait. That's wrong.
5. Do you get the full 8 hours of sleep a night?
I go for the full 9-10.
6. If anyone came to your house on your "lazy days" what would ya'll do?
We would eat pizza and watch tv, duh. And I would probably have to ask them to leave because I don't like being watched when I'm being lazy. And then I could watch the really trashy shows I like on TV.
7. Who last grabbed your ass?
I must have grabbed my own ass. Or it could have been Adam.
8. Have you ever been on your school's track team?
Actually, I was on the track team. I ran hurdles. You can stop laughing now.
9. Do you own a pair of Converse?
10. Did you copy and paste this survey?
Yes. Should I have typed it up from memory?
11. Do you eat raw cookie dough?
Of course. I'm a pig and I much prefer the uncooked dough to the finished product.
12. Have you ever kicked a vending machine?
No, that would be vandalism.
13. Don't you hate it when the radio ruins good songs by playing them over and over?
Considering I work in radio... no? :-)
14. Do you watch Trading Spaces?
I used to back in the day. I always felt that someone ended up with the short end of the stick.
15. How do you eat oreos?
All sorts of messed up ways.
16. Have you ever stayed online for a very long time waiting for someone?
Yeah in like high school.
17. Are you cocky?
18. Could you live without a computer?
19. Do you wear your shoes in the house?
No. What is this, Full House? I always wondered what kind of life those sitcom people lived, what with all the shoe-wearing they did. Even when laying on the bed.
20. Who or what sleeps with you?
21. At what age did you find out that Santa wasn't real?
The hell he isn't!
22. How many phones, house phones and cell phones are in your house?
6 if you count an old broken phone. Wait, 7 if you count my decorative Pottery Barn rotary style tele.
23. What do you do when you're sad?
I eat my pain.
24. Who would you call first if you won the lottery?
25. Last time you saw your best friend?
I'm looking at him right now.
26. Did you ever want to have sex with any of your teachers in high school or college?
No, but a guy friend of mine actually did it. :-o
27. What jewelry are you wearing?
Wedding rings and diamond studs.
28. Is anyone on your bad side now?
No, Adam's on my left.
29. What's the first thing you do when you get online?
Check my e-mail. And buy something.
30. Do you watch any British television shows?
Antiques roadshow when I'm at the in-laws'.
31. How do most people spell your name?
32. Would you wear a boy/girlfriends clothes?
I love sleeping in my hubby's shirts.
33. Where do you work?
At a radio station.
34. What are you doing tomorrow?
35. Is Justin Timberlake becoming the next Michael Jackson?
36. Favorite name for a girl?
37. Favorite name for a boy?
38. Will you keep your last name when you get married?
I did for like 7 months, then I finally got around to changing it!
39. When was the last time you left your house?
5:30 to get dinner at Subway.
40. Do you return your cart?
41. Do you have a dishwasher?
Yes, it's essential.
42. What noise do you hear?
Unwrapped on Food Network.
43. Would you survive in prison?
I may be a crazy biatch but I don't think so.
44. Who is the youngest in your family?
45. If all of your friends were going on a road trip, which one would most likely over-pack?
Ha, me. I couldn't handle not having everything at my disposal.
46. Do you know anyone with the same name as you?
47. What's the last thing you purchased?
A birthday gift for the hubs.
48. Do your siblings ever pay for stuff for you?
I knew I should have had siblings...
49. What brand are your pants right now?
Oh dear, I'm pantsless.
50. Ever been to Georgia (the state)?
No, but I hear it's just peachy.
Friday, May 15, 2009
So we gave the bean a bath and right afterward, he rewards us by taking a ginormous leak on the sofa. Somehow managed to cover 3 cushions in the process. But they needed a trip to the dry cleaners anyway, right?
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
So we decided to check out Hollywood. But first we made an awkward detour to a mountain. There wasn't much to see. Other than this lucky ladybug...
So after determining that said mountain venture was a bust, we moved on to Hollywood and Highland. Ate at a little place called ... oh shit, what was it called? I can't remember. All I can tell you is that it had the most incredible spinach and artichoke dip we've ever had. Amazing. I think it was in the crostini. Which darling Adam refers to as bruschetta.
Now now, before you get on me for cheating on my diet, just know that there are both spinach and artichokes in that dip. That's TWO vegetables. :-P
We played around town for a bit and even checked out the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum (eh, yawn). We were asked constantly where we were from - I guess we have that tourist look about us (ick!).
I am quite pleased that we had this little outing today; I think it's always nice to take the oportunity to look at your surroundings in a new light. People from all over the world would give anything to take a trip to Los Angeles, and we take living here for granted. From now on, it's carpe diem, baby.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
In brighter news, I think the stuff I got for my scar from my port is working! It's called Kelo-Cote and cost about $25 for a teensy tube. They claim it's a 3 month supply. I'm to apply it twice daily on clean, dry skin. What do you think? This before and after is after just one week of use. Please excuse my sports bra from photo #2 - it's actual proof I'm working out :-P
*I've edited to add another shot, taken 5/26/09. I'm thinking it looks like the second picture taken had too much flash or something, since the third one looks more reddish. But overall I still definitely see and feel an improvement!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
You can see the bruises on my arm from the IV that was in days before (makeup couldn't cover them up). You can see how weak I looked and felt in my tired eyes. But what I really hope you can see is how happy I was to be getting married to the love of my life.
I have tons more, but I think I've bored you enough. Sorry I'm in no mood to put these in the correct order! :-P