CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

I have a bona fide shopping problem. An addiction. I need things. All the time. And I have to find a way to get them. And since I have sooo much damn credit, there's always a way.

Then I get depressed that I bought things I cannot afford. And the only thing that makes me feel better when I am depressed is more stuff!

It's quite terrible. I love even little "prizes" like nail polish or a lip gloss. I spent $130 at Sephora.com last week and decided to keep it a secret. But I felt so guilty I immediately told hubby (plus I wanted to show him my loot). It all started as a little something to "pick me up" and ended up with quite a few items, including the below mentioned smurf palette and Dior shadows and Nars lip crayon and Lancome eyeliner and...

And now I want a new lip polish. $130 and I still need another lip polish?! What's wrong with me? I never seem to have enough clothes, enough shoes, enough underwear... enough! I'm insatiable. There's something bizarre about the way shopping can be cathartic for so many women. I justified it by thinking that I now have a paycheck coming in, yet I've probably spent enough for my next few paychecks... and I was supposed to be helping contribute to the household. I guess a happy wife is key to a happy home?

No comments: