CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Things I dislike:

I thought I'd get into the spirit of the season by listing things I dislike. This is always fun.

1. Sneezing on the freeway. Or just sneezing while driving in general. Now, here's the problem with this. Because I love sneezing. I find it to be refreshing, and calming afterwards. But while driving, I fear I will steer into another car, or the center divider. It's just a split second, but for that moment in time, I am struck by fear.

2. Hardcover books. Not the pretty ones you use to display on your coffee table, or to expand your "library" (you know, that pitiful collection of books intended to make you seem smart to whoever should pop by your house). I don't like it how at first, a book is released in hardcover, for like $26, and then 7 months later, the paperback for $6.95 becomes available. Yes, I buy on amazon, which saves a bundle, but that's still not the point. They're harder to read. They lack malleability and I find it hard to curl up in bed with a hardcover. It just doesn't work.

3. The second to last hour of work. Not the last hour, because you can start mentally and actually packing up for the day and preparing to leave. But that second to last hour drags the longest, and fills you with despair that the day will in fact, never end.

4. Discovering someone's nail clippings at work. Horrifying.

5. People who invite me to clubs on facebook. I don't mean clubs like groups, like "I eat strombolis after 5" or "Honk if you leave the stove on". You guys are assholes too. I'll join whatever group I like in my own time, thanks. I mean like get down to club twenty deuce before ten and ladies are free, with dj boogie beatz breath on the turntables. I don't want to go to your party. I don't even like you that much. I accepted you as a facebook friend because once upon a time you were a nice acquaintance, and now you've turned into a club-promoting schmuck. If I wanted to go to the club, I would bust out my fake i.d. and be 19 again. *memories*

6. Negative people. They always seem to bring you down. ;-)

1 comment:

Cara said...

Totally agree with you about the next-to-the-last hour at work thing!