CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

We had the best Valentine's day yesterday. Adam woke up early and went to the market to buy some groceries (and a dozen roses for me :-)) and we made breakfast together.
After that we cuddled on the couch and watched some tv. Later on we went for a little picnic at the park by our house, where we dined on chicken nuggets (I had to try the new sweet chili sauce!) and listened to Benny bark at strangers and kites. The park was awesome because I found a perfect little dip in the ground and was able to lay on my stomach with my belly in it!

We went to a couple stores later on to look for some large pots for our front porch area and had dinner reservations that evening at the Stinking Rose (an all garlic restaurant - yum!).

We got to the restaurant at our reservation time, and there was a huge line of people just to get in. After all the waiting to get to the host, he informed us that there was another hour wait. I guess there's nothing you can do about the insanity that is V-day, so Adam nicely said "that's ok, it's not your fault, you didn't invent Valentine's day!" And the two poor exhausted hosts were so surprised that someone was actually nice to them. They said that they had been screamed at all night by people. Surprise surprise, 5 minutes later we were ordering our appetizers. It pays to be nice to people! :-) Though after dinner it took us like 45 minutes to get our car from the valet. Ugh. We stuffed our faces so much we decided to head straight home after all that.

The rest of our glorious evening was spent in bed, watching figure skating of course. I couldn't ask for a better day with my lovey.

3 comments:

Care said...

Ahh being nice goes a long way! You have a great attitude. Cute little belly! Glad I found your blog. PS: I still sleep with a snoogle! My baby is 8 months. haha. They are sooo comfy!

Sarah Swift said...

Oh my goodness you look beautiful! I LOVE that dress!!

PS - My skinny fingers are my most favorite aspect of myself. Is that sad??

Margaret said...

I'm glad that you had a wonderful Valentines Day!