CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 8, 2008

So I have gotten myself into a little trouble lately. I cannot stop eating sweets! We got the (in)famous Kitchenaid mixer as a wedding gift from my grandma and for months just admired its beauty collecting dust on our countertop. I was afraid of it! Note its gleaming sunshine-y charm.

Then a couple of weeks ago Adam said, "That's it, I am baking SOMETHING!" Which, for Adam to offer to bake is extremely adorable (I love that my man can work magic in the kitchen). So he made lemon bars. Gleefully. He did so well that I had to polish them off so he could make something the next day (we're both fundamentally against baking a new item when there are still helpings of other goodies available). Then it was fudge brownies. Then cookie bars. Then chocolate chip muffins. Then cinnamon swirl crumb cake. We were both in awe of the wonders that our beauty of a mixer could make. And it was so fun and easy to use. Not at all as intimidating as I had imagined it would be.

Anyhow, the problem is that this madness must end. I cannot keep eating all these confectionary delights at such a manic pace. I need vegetables! I need to eat healthier. I mean, my dr. allowed me to indulge in every edible whim I had while undergoing treatment, but now I have no excuse. I need to start taking care of my body so that it doesn't betray me again. So I am going to take over and cook HEALTHY items for dinner. No more sugar! (at least as soon as I polish off this last bit of crumb cake). And maybe I can find some healthy things to bake with the mixer.

I was mortified at my last weigh-in at the doctors, so I have to kick myself into high gear with being healthy. I'll let you know how I do.

No comments: