CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ahhh

I finally have a moment to breathe and blog a bit! Things have actually gotten a lot easier (knock on wood) the last few nights I think... I'm getting used to sleeping a lot less/not at all, and I think we're getting much better at appeasing little Gigi when she starts crying (the Halo swaddle is a godsend. I could write a whole post on swaddles... maybe I will). She's now two weeks and one day old! two weeks and two days old! Haha see I have to do things in short increments, thus starting blog posts and finishing them on different days...

Let's see as far as updates...
-We have a dr. appointment tomorrow to see if she is gaining weight. She was 7 lbs 14 oz last week so hopefully she's gained some. I'm not sure because to me it seems totally foreign that she could gain weight (let alone live) off of some liquid coming out of my boobs. The breastfeeding is going ok I think so far. She latches well and eats now for about 15 minutes a boob (but sometimes will feast for 25 on one if she thinks she's struck gold/is sleepy). I love the bonding feeling I have with feeding her, but I think it does overwhelm me still that she completely depends on my boobs for living. We haven't introduced a bottle yet, but I've been pumping a bit so we have a small frozen stash. I think it will help a lot to have hubby be able to give her a bottle every once in a while - I'll have a chance to sleep for a bit of a longer stretch, or even maybe go see a movie or something! Though the thought of leaving her for even those two hours gives me a mild anxiety attack. My dr. insists I need to get out and do things for myself, but I really don't want to leave her yet. I did go and get muffins the other day, and I was quite pleased with myself. Baby steps, baby steps.

-Her umbilical cord stumpy fell off - twice. I swear another one like regenerated and then flaked off bit by bit. I'm excited to give her actual baths and not just sponge baths. I think she sort of likes her baths. :-D

- Oh at her 1st in-office dr. appt. last week she was 90th percentile for height and 50th for weight. I wanted to make sure I documented that. He wanted to give her a shot, and I kind of freaked out. I wasn't prepared for it just yet, but he was totally nice and said it wasn't a big deal and could be done next time. *Gulp* I guess tomorrow is "next time".

- She nicely fits in newborn clothes. I want to quickly say BOOOOO to all the people who told me not to bother buying newborn sizes. The 0-3 stuff is HUGE on her and we had to go out a couple times to buy her more newborn sized duds. And my favorite is anything with a zipper - some of the Carters sleepers with all the snaps are like rocket science to figure out how to button up at 3 a.m.

- She's a genius. I'm sure all parents think this of their babies, but um mine really is! She's been smiling and following things with her eyes and I swear she can crawl up my chest. And when she cries, I distinctly hear "mama, mama, mama!!!!!" So I may be a tiny bit delusional.  

I can't really think of anything else for now. I have so many pictures to sort through, and I'll be sure to post tons when I get another free moment. I'm getting better at managing my time and squeezing things in while she naps - I actually had a chance to do a load of laundry today too! Oh and my mom got me a Belly Bandit so let's see if it does anything in the way of giving me six pack abs within the month. Let me be delusional. I haven't slept in... oh, two weeks and two days. ;-)

2 comments:

Mrs. Lucan said...

Lexi, I'm so happy for you! I can't believe I'm going to be experiencing this in another 2 months. I'm taking as many notes as I can! I can't wait for all those little milestones you were talking about!

K-Bar said...

Lexi! She is adorable! You are doing an amazing job with her. And of course she is saying Mamma! (whatever gets us through the day right?! lol)