- She's been saying mama since New Years. When someone will ask here where's mama, she looks at me. It makes my heart melt into a huge mush puddle. She's been babbling tons in the last few days too - baba, gaga, da...
- We lowered her crib to the middle setting last week. She'd been getting up on all fours and it just seemed like we should do it before she gets any ideas to try climbing over!
- She's been trying so hard to crawl for over a week now. She gets up but somehow manages to move backwards instead of forwards. Silly girl. She's thisclose to getting it. I'm so nervous to have a mobile child now! I'll have to post a video of her doing her pre-crawl rocking, it's so
funnycute. Just add that to my to-do list.
- The most notable "achievement" requires a huge drumroll (maybe even a drum solo?)... We are sleeping through the night!!!! She started doing this as of January 1, no joke. It's like she had a little resolution or something. It was on and off for about a week and a half, and now for the past couple weeks, sleep has been amazing. I'm talkin' 12-13 hours at night y'all. *please don't hit me* She'll occasionally cry out at 3 a.m., but all she wants is her paci and she's back out til morning. It's been a long time coming!
- Her first tooth came in this month! It's still a sharp lil guy working his way up. I'm curious when he's going to have a little friend join him, because she's chomping away still.
- I'm still making all her food and she eats solids at the dining room table twice a day. Sweet potatoes and pears are still a solid fave, but she also likes papaya, banana and will chow down on peas and broccoli if I mix them with a little sweet potato.
Here are some more pictures from the last couple weeks. It's been so nice and warm here - uh too warm at times (we had a high of 90 one day!). Crazy Los Angeles Januaries.
Stay tuned for more. I know I've been somewhat of a blog-slacker as of late, but I have some interesting posts in the works, lest you worry.