CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Lighting and Fire


Bought a lamp VERY similar to this yesterday at Pottery Barn, on sale, plus an extra 15 percent off sale items. Felt good about ourselves. We need lighting. I also want the photographer's tripod lamp but hubby feels $299 is too much to stomach. He also questions if it provides enough lighting for the moola. I say you only live once. Next weekend I have a 20 percent off coupon for anything I buy for the friends and family sale so maybe an executive decision may be made. Mua ha ha!

On Sunday we ventured to the Rose Bowl flea market because I was inspired by a fellow blogger's great finds and all the potential she sees in them. But the peeps at this market were bonkers because they were selling their old shiz at prices I could find new things for! It was fun to walk around and check out the stuff though. We bought a jar of spicy minced garlic and cinnamon sugar nuts. Not to be eaten together. I also got bath fizzy balls. I love me a good bath.

Currently I'm monitoring the coverage of the fires in Porter Ranch and Sylmar. I hope it doesn't get any closer to Adam's grandparents' home, and that the smoke isn't too terrible near them. It seems to be moving away from there. The freeways are all sorts of closed so I don't know how anyone's going to get home tonight. All this fire nonsense reminds me of last October, when the fires were in Santa Clarita. I started getting sharp chest pains that never seemed to go away until finally I got diagnosed with cancer in March. I wondered if the fire caused it (really really likely not). Anyhow, I hate fire, and the destruction it represents.

2 comments:

MissJordyPants said...

I do believe that you are my design twin!

I ADORE that lamp and am looking for something similar for our bedroom. I also have the photographers tripod and LOVE IT. I can throw some light, definitely! I always get compliments on it and it's such an interesting piece. Your discount makes it almost no money... like almost for free! Right? No?

Mrs. Lexi said...

Oh good, I'm glad to hear a positive review on the tripod lamp. Now I can use it in my favor! Lol and I do like your free reasoning, that's JUST how I see it.
I have to add that my darling husband tried to haggle at pottery barn. Persistently. He felt that since we were paying cash we should receive some sort of extra discount.