Freakouts like this happen quite regularly now. She's learning so much every day, I can't help but marvel at her genius (OK I realize some of you are gagging right now. Get over it, my baby is amazing). Here's the latest on Miss Gabriella Grace.
- 18 lbs 2 oz and 26 1/4 inches long! Um seriously?!?!? 3 lbs in one month! Is there butter in her formula? :-P
- Rolling onto her tummy is easy as pie and she now prefers to sleep that way! Uh oh. I really don't want her sleeping on her tummy at night (I guess there's not much I can do about that) - for now she sleeps on her side and sometimes back at night. Naps during the day, however, she's all about the tummy. She just sleeps so much better that way ( 2 1/2 hour naps, anyone?). I check on her all the time because of course I'm a paranoid freak.
- Speaking of naps, she loves them. To the point where I'm wondering if she naps too much. There's a morning nap, late morning nap, early afternoon nap, and late afternoon nap. She needs them. I can't deny her her sleep when she starts rubbing her eyes and yawning, but a part of me suspects that her nap schedule is what's keeping her from sleeping through the night. She's still waking around 11 and 3 for a bottle. Any solutions, friends?
- Still eating her "dinner" nightly of rice cereal. I haven't introduced any other foods yet because I honestly wanted to wait until she was closer to 6 months before even doing solids but she just seemed ready (and she wasn't sleeping and the pedi gave us the OK). She's doing really well with it, so our pedi is having us up it to 2x a day now. I'm looking forward to making her food soon, I really can't wait to break out the Beaba Babycook!
- She tries to hold her bottle when she eats now, and don't you dare try to take it from her before she's done! She's especially funny right before she starts eating when she's super hungry - she'll snatch the bottle away with purpose!
- The DAY she turned 5 months she started to be able to sit unassisted! Sure, it's only for like 10-15 seconds at a time, but she's getting it!
- She also loves "standing" while we hold her arms, we hardly have to hold her. I can't believe how strong and independent she's getting.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving! xoxo