- Right after she turned 8 months she started pulling herself up to standing.
- She's been cruising for a little over a week now. And she likes to let go and just stand by herself. It's so crazy how mobile she's become in the course of one month. She love love loves to be standing, and she always wants up! Which leads me to...
- She said her first real word! Besides mama and dada, of course :-) She started saying "up" last Saturday! And she kept saying it over and over, and with meaning. It was so amazing, she would say "uppp" (she really pronounces the P sound) and we would all cheer and she'd get so excited and say it again and again. I finally ran to get the camcorder after a few minutes, and of course, she sees the camera and just wants to mug for it, so the talking stopped. I'm going to have to trick her one of these days by hiding it!
- We started fish, chicken and turkey this month. She hated fish, is meh about chicken and generally likes turkey. I really wasn't sure what I was doing with the fish, so I asked the butcher man (fish man?) to give me a very mild fish with as little to no mercury as possible, and he gave me red snapper. It smelled so fishy after I steamed and pureed it, so I don't blame her for hating it. I'll have to figure something else out, fish-wise. Caviar, perhaps?
- I gave her her first taste of jarred baby food this month. I wasn't too sure about the consistency of meat I should be getting her so I picked up some Earth's Best Organic baby food in assorted turkey and chicken blends to see how they did it. It was smoother than anything I've ever made for her, so I guess my food has been on the chunky side, but she's always liked it well enough. My feelings were hurt the first time she tried the jar food because she ate her turkey like a fiend! I was all ready to throw in my apron and give in to the jarred baby food, but she hasn't really had that reaction since, so maybe she was just super hungry that one time?
- She loves her puffs, and feeds herself like a little princess. She's so precise with picking up the puff and placing it in her mouth. And I have to confess that hubbs and I swipe some of her puffs sometimes. They're actually pretty good!
- Still has only 2 teeth (bottoms) and not seeing anything happening up top. We've been expecting something to come though all month but those upper teeth are being stubborn!
- Still sleeping through the night and napping 2-3 times a day. It's kind of amazing. I think it's the universe's way of making up for the first 7 months of little sleep we got around here!
- Has a favorite song - The Wheels on the Bus delights her to no end. Oh yes, and she loves Kim Kardashian. Like LOVES. She will stare at her picture in a magazine and softly pet the cover. My little weirdo :-)
So there you have it. 9 months old. She has advanced SO much in the last couple months, it's hard to believe this little wanna-be toddler was a newborn baby 9 months ago. She's now been out as long as she was in!
You may have noticed I've added something to the sidebar over to the right - my Amazon store! Well it's not really "my" store exactly - it's a compilation of all things that I use and love, and you can check them out and even buy them by clicking on over. You're still shopping safely from Amazon and all that good stuff, but you get to see all my favorite things in one place. I seriously wish all my favorite bloggers would do this, I love knowing where and what to buy what others love using. I thought this would be a great resource for those who are wondering where to get a great product you may have seen me using. Since I shop for 93% of everything on Amazon you'll probably find it right there! Everything listed is owned by me, so I'm not just randomly adding things there (and it's kind of scary to see how much money I've given Amazon over the last couple years!) Oh, and if I have something that's a total dud you will so not find it there. If you see it listed, it's safe to assume it's awesome :-)