CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

To juxtapose the previous post, I'd like to focus on what I am thankful for this year. I've been through a lot. There were hard times, sure, but I did also get married, got to see and feel love and support from many friends and family that I was brought much closer to throughout it all, and in the end I now have my health. Back in March, when it all began, I would think about the holidays this year, and how by the time they came everything would and should be over with. They're here and it is!

We spent Turkey Day at my parents' house, and I feasted on my usual fare: all the sides. I made some righteous mac and cheese and brought along with me a Martha cake I made the day before. Carmelized Apple Spice Cake with a Brown Sugar Meringue Frosting. I capitalize because I love. And my excuse for the gloriously sloppy frost job is that Adam helped :-PIt was a great day. And I found a penny from 1915! It's a long story, we were going to play poker, since we're that kind of a family and then we couldn't find the chips...

No comments: